My Mentor Professional Makeup Artist Joslyn White

Recording Studio Photos | Sista Monica Parker | Photo Gallery


Joslyn Just doing what she loves


History
The original Mentor is a character in Homer’s epic poem The Odyssey. When Odysseus, King of Ithaca went to fight in the Trojan War, he entrusted the care of his kingdom to Mentor. Mentor served as the teacher and overseer of Odysseuss’ son, Telemachus.

A mentor is an individual, usually older, always more experienced, who helps and guides another individual’s development. This guidance is not done for personal gain.

One of the most valuable assets your career can have is a good mentor.

And let me tell you about this beautiful woman. I met Joslyn when she was working for none other then MAKEUP FOREVER. We hit it off from the start. Me, I was working for "Clientele" skin care line who actually gave me the opportunity to work for them without having any prior experience. This was during the time when MAC was all the buzz too. I remember my very first day working in this super mega retail store and I was so overwhelmed, yet determined. I began to watch this amazing makeup artist work her magic on individuals that would actually stand in line and wait for hours just to have their makeup done by "Jos" I was like Wow, I would love to meet her. Wow I would love to do makeup like she does. So, I went home, came back the next day and the next, and then One Day Joslyn came over and introduced herself to me. I'm very shy for those who really don't know me. And once Joslyn saw me attempting to apply makeup on my 'skin care' only clients face! Keep in mind this was back in the day- and my employer had very limited color palettes and 3 foundation colors - remember I was working for a "skin care" line. But I had been so inspired to do makeup after watching this magical makeup artist- that on a particular day Joslyn walked over to me, took the little brush set I was using and said "no baby you do it like this, let me me show you" I have tears in my eyes right now as I am sharing this story. Furthermore, I never forgot those words. And even though we live on opposite ends of California. I can call her anytime day or night and she is still there for me... I hope someday she get's a chance to bless you with her style, integrity and ethics. Lord knows she has been my inspiration. Joslyn thank you for believing in me from the start, thank you for helping to encourage me to make- makeup artistry my career and true passion. I appreciate you sharing your gift with me.. God Bless you.. I love you... Thank you.. your dear friend Eric







Popular Posts